Monday, August 18, 2008

We'll Never Be Friends

For anyone who didn't watch the Hills last night... Spoilers below!

I feel the season premier left me with three main points to get across...

a) How full of douchebags was Audrina's party?
b) Everybody has really great hair extensions this season (as seen below)
Photobucket
c) I don't care what anyone says... I love Lo

The episode began with Lauren telling Whitney about her hot date with former high school fling, Doug (obviously destined for disaster). I don't know why, but Lauren's relationships are sadly as boring as they are short-lived. She should take a lesson from Heidi and Spencer; apparently drama keeps the flame alive. (and makes for more interesting television)

It seems Heidi thinks NOT telling Spencer that her sister is coming to visit (and staying in their home) is a good idea. A really good idea! So good she decides NOT to tell her sister she is once again living with Spencer.

Smart girl. This obviously goes over really well.

Needless to say, Spencer acts like an ass... Heidi makes excuses for Spencer acting like an ass... and Holly (sister) decides she wants to move to LA and into this web of misery.

Of course she does!

Rewind to Audrina's B-day party... full of douchebags. That's about the only thing worth noting here. OH! And Lo kinda acted like a bitch. But whatev, I still love Lo

Let me break it down for you. I liked Audrina! I think she was feeling "left out" because of the friendship Lauren and Lo have... but Audrina straight said: "I just don't care. You and I will never be friends." Harsh! Lo was trying to talk it out and stroke Audrina's ego by going to her and making an effort. I'm curios how others perceived this... because I can see both sides. Lo hasn't been the most welcoming... but, honestly, I don't know if I could really be friends with someone as "special" as Audrina. I'm sorry but you can't help but notice the blank stare in her eyes... always... like the lights are on but no one's home? And honestly, if she cared about her friendship with Lauren she would hang out regardless of Lo and whatever issue is going on there.

Overall I say solid job setting up the "plot" for the season... creating some curiosity whether Lauren and Heidi may ever be friends again. Great job Spencer for acting like the ass we can always count on. And Lauren, enjoy "Doug" while you can! You know the Hills producers won't let that last long!

I give the season premier an A-

As always your thoughts/opinios are welcome. As long as they are the same as mine. :)

3 comments:

Kathleen Dombrow said...

1. I love Lo too! I get both sides of the argument, but after Audrina's harsh comments I am even more of a Lo lover.
2. LC's date with Doug was like her date with any guy. Awkward smiling and silence! haha
3. Heidi and Spenser at their finest again!
4. Audrina’s party: where does she find such people? (Ok this comment is coming from a girl still living in the OC bubble, so perhaps is a bit mean and sheltered hahah)

Anonymous said...

Ok after watching this episode for the second time, here are my observations:

Lauren just seems like a boring date. Case closed! I mean come on…have some personality. Doug totally just wanted to be on TV.
Heidi is obviously either a) afraid of being alone, b) afraid of what Spencer will do if she breaks up with him or c) too into her “TV career” to realize how big of an A-hole Spencer is to her and everyone around her! It made me sick to see the way he treated her and her sister.
And I just think Lo & Audrina are two very different people. Audrina was hand-picked for the show to be one of LC’s “friends” after producers saw her laying out at the pool. I mean Lo has been LC’s friend since high school…she doesn’t need any fake friends.
Can’t wait till next week!!

Ahna Childress said...

All I have to say is THANK GOODNESS for the internet! Although here in Australia - we are still in whatever season it is when LC goes to PARIS...I am able to watch season 4, right along with everyone else at home. Woohoo! Thank you mtv.com!